Free Write from 1.30.18

Free Write on 1/30/18-- Text video about child.

"We just watched a film on texts and how these 2 people met and ended up having an unplanned baby, and the father leaves. this really resonated with me because my father also abandoned my mom and I when I was very young, so I can really relate to the situation. It is upsetting seeing that that child is going to have to grow up without a father. Being almost 20, the absence of my father still affects me in my day to day life, and knowing that this child is going to have the same confusion and heartbreak and questions I had is disturbing. even though it still affects me, I have come to terms with what has happened in my life, and hopefully this child will too.  "

The reason I chose this to include in my unit 1 assignment is because this is one of the first things that I have ever seen in a class setting that really resonates with my own life. My father, being absent since I was about 4 or 5, has been changed a lot in my life, and knowing that this child is going to have some of the same issues that I had struggled with, makes me feel some sort of connection, even though I have no idea who this person is. Seeing that this woman is brave enough to put her family, faults, and worries into a piece of art like this is really profound to me. It had sort of a cathartic feeling to me, and it was very enlightening to be reminded that I am not the only person who has, or will go through something like this, but also very dark knowing that this child is going to go through that and ask all the "why?" questions about how this ended up happening to him. It was just really neat having something that actually related to something personal that I have gone through be in a class, because I often cannot relate personally to a lot of things we do in the classes I have taken.

Comments

  1. The ideologies you shared in this post are some that anyone, man or woman can learn from, which is something I really enjoyed after reading the post.

    Joel DeJesus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind of you to say that:) thank you for your comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 2 Portfolio

Unit 1 Portfolio

Unit 2 Reflection