Unit 2 Reflection

I thoroughly enjoyed this unit as I tied in my piece with things that are very relative to today’s current events and society. The audience that I decided to try and reach were people who only see the shortcomings of all these technological advancements, and also do not look deeper into how some aspects of technology, like social media, are not just for people to post selfies and be shallow, but also be a medium for people to make change, create movements, and allow their voices and stories to be heard when large news corporations are not letting their stories be told. The specific rhetoric language I used was somewhat subtle, but I kept mentioning innovation and bringing my piece back into the perspective of the human race. “Human life has always strived towards innovation. The mind has created things that were at one time, unimaginable, and now society is at a place that is a whirlwind of technology and accessibility of whatever information a person wants, or needs, in an instant. This innovation of information has led the way to new ideals, values, and a way of life that the world has never seen. I often catch myself thinking about how technological advancements are affecting our society, but I am always conflicted to if it is helping or hurting it.” I also used first person for the introduction and conclusion, and although that may not be the most professional way to write, I feel that it would connect better with the audience I was trying to reach, to maybe be able to make them see my side better and see that it was a real person typing, not just “a persuasive essay”.
I think the “conversation” that revolves around my topic is the fact that people do not know how to feel about all the technological advancements going on in our society currently. I feel that people are very one way or the other on whether it is helping or hurting the people in this and upcoming generations. I am continuing with my topic from unit 1, and I do not think it has changed very much. There has been nothing drastic to be changed about my topic, and it is still in the very beginning of its innovative creation. The resources on this topic are not very scholarly, because what I discussed in my paper is not a very known or accepted thing. Alternative journalism through social media or other medias is not a very known process, and I feel that the people that use these mediums to get their stories out are the ones being oppressed by the “scholarly” and the 1%. The resources I had to use are very new news articles, and information I possess on my own through my own access to social medias such as facebook or twitter. These resources can be improved by if people actually accepted the fact that this type of journalism is very real and should be included in scholastic articles. I think the only research that needs to be done is ones that can prove that the issues/stories people say they faced are real and they are actually not being heard by real news media.


I thought my pitch was very well written and captured what I wanted to say to my audience very well. I did not get a response on my pitch, but if I did I would definitely respond and keep going with feedback. I can apply the methods and research that I used for this class in other classes because it showed me a completely different way of looking at my writing. I included a video which I have never done with a paper, and my writing in this class has let me be more creative with what topics concern me and how I want to write. The topic that I talked about is something that is very important to me because I am a strong believer that everyone deserves to have a voice and should not feel oppressed because of stronger media presences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 2 Portfolio

Unit 1 Portfolio