Graphic Novels


The graphic novel I chose from the Library is called Nancy Loves Sluggo. This book of graphic novels contains little stories of the two characters, Nancy and Sluggo, and how they interact with each other and the people around them. There is not a long story here like there usually is in a lot of comic books and graphic novels. It is more like the comic section of a newspaper, where there are 3 or 4 boxes for a short cartoon. This book is that except they compiled thousands of short 3 or 4 boxed graphics. I guess graphic novels can be related to technology in the fact that is something that is not necessarily educational or fulfilling, but is something that can keep a person entertained. I do not think it is really related in technology in any other way. It is a book. Most things that are being compared are in the same medium. The graphic novel Nancy Loves Sluggo does not really contain any types of technology. It is almost like it is set in the 60's, and reminds me of Betty Bop a little bit. It also contains like little jokes or puns that can be entertaining to the reader. I am personally not a graphic novel person, I like reading things that have a plot and storyline, and do not get much entertainment out of 3 box comics, but it was definitely interesting seeing a different from of a book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 2 Portfolio

Unit 1 Portfolio

Unit 2 Reflection